“Just one armed person could have taken this guy down and saved all those people”.
I’ll say it again…BULLSHIT.
And its time we, as promoters of the Second Amendment, stop treating every situation withthe knee-jerk *one guy could have saved them! ZOMG!!!!* attitude that makes us look like complete fucking idiots.
1) Dark theater showing a film that was made in subdued and low-key lighting. ie: the screen isn’t tossing much light back onto those seated, let alone casting off enough light to see dark recesses of the theater.
2) Perp comes in and tosses one, maybe two (jury is still out on that factoid) canisters into the crowd in order to induce confusion, then panic.
3) Perp, dressed in dark colors, then starts walking up a SIDE AISLE and starts shooting down the ROWS lengthwise. His odds of hitting someone are greatly enhanced.
4) As people move to the exits they are illuminated by the lighting typically found above the doorways there, and as such are PERFECT SILHOUETTES for the shooter, and he picks them off easily.
5) Shooter is wearing chest armor, leg armor, headgear, dark clothing and dark gloves. Standing against dark-colored walls. In dim lighting.
Now, is anyone going to tell me, with a straight face, that THEY could have taken this guy out with a HEAD SHOT (he’s wearing body armor, so a center-mass hit would be useless) in:
1) A dark movie theater…
2) A dark movie theater with rolling clouds of eye and skin irritants…
3) A dark movie theater with rolling clouds of eye and skin irritants and people running across YOUR LINE OF SIGHT in a panic…
Yeah, right. In that situation, you wouldn’t have been able to do jack diddly squat. A lawfully armed citizen wouldn’t have been able to do jack diddly squat. The conditions were so damned poor, you would be lucky to get off a shot in his general direction.
Being a Second Amendment supporter is fine. Being a Second Amendment Supporter making wild-assed claims that *even one person armed in that theater could have stopped the massacre* is plain ludicrous, and so full of BS that even a Hollywood scriptwriter would toss that idea in the trash.